Family Promise of North Fulton/DeKalb is a nonprofit network of interfaith organizations working together to end homelessness, one family at a time. We provide temporary assistance, hospitality, and case management for families with children experiencing homelessness.
We recognize that poverty is a multifaceted problem that requires a multifaceted response. Our interfaith, nonsectarian network brings the faith community together to help our community’s families regain housing, independence, and dignity in a time of need.
The Mount Vernon B’Nai Torah partnership houses up to four families for four weeks every year, who would otherwise be homeless. This is a hands-on service project and there are volunteer opportunities available for people of all ages. Many families or groups choose to host dinners together, some families or groups of friends come to help get the accommodations prepared. Individuals who are unable to give their time to give foodstuffs or gift certificates. Usually each session needs volunteers for many volunteer positions. Dinner hosts, evening hosts, and overnight hosts. We also ask for volunteers to provide meals for our guests as well as stock our pantry for the session. The covid pandemic has changed things! Our families are staying in place at another of our host congregations and we are supporting them financially with grocery and gas cards rather than our usual hosting and providing meals and fellowship here on our campus.
• Assisted 456 families and Individuals with referrals, hygiene items, gift cards, counseling, and food items.
• 121 children outside of our rotation received services.
• Referred 34 families to Hope Atlanta for housing placements
• Graduated 6 families in our rotational program
• 3 Cars donated
• Assisted families with $3,301.26 in car repairs
• Assisted families with $ 1064.00 in childcare costs
• Received $92,200 in grant funds, a 186% increase from 2019.
• Prepared 32 Grant applications
• Increased over 200 contacts to our data base
• Over 100 new likes & followers on our social media sites
• Developed and funded 3 new programs to assist families with basic needs upon entering the program and aftercare
Click here for more information on the Family Promise Coronavirus Emergency Relief Fund.